OpenStack at FOSDEM ’13
In 3 weeks, free and open source software developers will converge to Brussels for 2+ days of talks, discussions and beer. FOSDEM is still the largest gathering for our community in Europe, and it will be a pleasure to meet again with longtime friends. Note that FOSDEM attendance is free as in beer, and requires no registration.
OpenStack will be present with a number of talks in the Cloud devroom in the Chavanne auditorium on Sunday, February 3rd:
- At 9:30, I’ll open the devroom with State of the OpenStack Union, 2013. A talk about what happened in the OpenStack development community since last year presentation at FOSDEM.
- At 10:00, don’t miss Mark McLoughlin’s talk: OpenStack: 21st Century App Architecture and Cloud Operations. He will expose how OpenStack is built with the same resilience and automation principles as highly-scalable cloud applications.
- At 15:00, Rob Clark will detail his Security Priorities for Cloud Developers: the main security challenges OpenStack faces and what we should do about them.
- At 15:30, Tomas Sedovic will introduce Orchestrating complex deployments on OpenStack using Heat. The Heat project is in OpenStack incubation currently so this is a great opportunity to learn more about it.
- Finally to close the day at 16:30, Nick Barcet, Eoghan Glynn and Julien Danjou will storm the stage and introduce the other OpenStack project currently in incubation: Measuring OpenStack: the Ceilometer Project.
There will also be OpenStack mentions in various other talks during the day: Martyn Taylor should demonstrate OpenStack Horizon in conjunction with Aeolus Image Factory at 13:30, and Vangelis Koukis will present Synnefo, which provides OpenStack APIs, at 14:00.
Finally, I’ll also be giving a talk, directed to Python developers, about the OpenStack job market sometimes Sunday in the Python devroom (room K.3.401): Get a Python job, work on OpenStack.
I hope you will join us in the hopefully-not-dead-frozen-this-time and beautiful Brussels !